I'm 38 wks. and had intercourse yesterday at 7 p.m. and had to stop due to heavy bright red bleeding. I know it's not uncommon to SPOT after intercourse this late, but mine is heavy, and it's 9 a.m. and it's just now starting to ease up, and there have been little clots of blood along with it....is everything okay or what could this be????

JackieO69

Asked by JackieO69 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that might be a "bloody show" which means labor is probably about to start. Call your doctor and tell him what's been going on
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• We never had intercourse when I was that far into pregnancy.

We were able to sustain from it, as I was afraid of squashing the baby.

I don't know what the problem could be.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You need to be checked. Bleeding for 10 hours in NOT ever normal. You could have placenta previa or it could just be that a blood vessel popped somewhere. Best to get it check out. Ask the doctor if he want to meet youin his office or the hospital. go now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I agree with the PP. You need to call a doctor. It could be placenta problems.
    jdhshamoo

Answer by jdhshamoo at 10:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would def call your care provider. Bleeding is normal but NOT for that long. It could be your bloody show but there might be something else going on.
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 10:34 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I went into labor when that happen I had my son an hour later. Call your doctor not good if its cloting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i would call my midwife. my understanding is that "bloody show" would not be that much to last hours. see what your doctor/midwife has to say and good luck :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• The first thing I thought of was placenta previa since you're having bright red bleeding. Are you having pain? You need to be seen immediately. If you are still bleeding, I think you should go to the E.R. If it is placenta previa, that is an emergency. It could be abruptio placentae, but that is usually described as darker red. Either way, you should be checked out ASAP.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I didn't go to the hospital this day, but did call doc. and was told it was okay..happ. a few days later again..only this time ALOT more blood, and I mean alot..went to e.r., and I was in labor!!!! I dilated from 3 to 5, and the labor stopped..still kinda scary b/c i've had 2 other children and have NEVER seen that much blood or blood clots with labor, and they never did check my placenta, and the heavy bleeding has happ. NUMEROUS times without being in labor with this pregnancy..but in the end they sent me home at 5 centimeters, and told me to get comfortable..now my doc. is inducing my Friday(tomm.) at 8 a.m. WIsh me luck:)
    JackieO69

Answer by JackieO69 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2010