I'm such a horrible DIL! lol

My MIL came over the other night and dd was asleep on the ottoman. MIL thought she looked soooo cute and started taking pictures and woke her up. She'd only been asleep for like 20 min. so she woke up beyond pissed off! MIL took her and instead of putting her back to sleep started walking around with her and trying to feed her. Then she decided to hand dd to her bf, WHILE she was feeding her. DD got even more pissed off and started full on screaming. I tried to take her, but every time i went up to her mil would turn away. DD was looking directly at me screaming. While mil was going on saying that she was sick or hurting because the way she was screaming. I'm like no you woke her up and you won't give her to her mommy! I finally told her Give me my baby now!! As soon as I got dd (4mos old btw) she quit crying. I rocked her back to sleep. And my MIL got sooo mad at me. Well get over it! Are there any other horrible dils here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No and you are not a horrible one either. Your MIL needs to learn some boundaries and I would start by telling her no company while baby is sleeping.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Me Me Me...
    I sure I will be one today. my son is 4 . never has his gma invited him too stay night and after all these yrs she finally asked and he is not going bc i dnt feel comfy because its been 4 yrs and for some reason she hasnt invitied him but keeps all her other grandkids..
    but i dnt care !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• oh yes! you are SO horrible to take your baby so she'll stop crying! *rolls eyes* seriously? Your mil is probably just ticked off because she couldn't get her to stop crying and you could. I woulda done the same thing.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i wish i was !!! my MIL tries to walk over me all the time. but i just keep my mouth shut and say nothing coz my mom raised me better. she's like, however she treats u, she's an elderly so respect her. but honestly it gets on my nerves sometimes !! and i feel like im a ticking clock, if she keeps pushing me around im going to blow up one of these days !! she's always insulting me and ALWAYS comparing me with her own daughter (my SIL) .. who happens to be not that pretty looking, but is that my fault ?? i mean i have NEVER said anything bad about her looks. but my MIL is like "looks arent everything u knw, so what ure pretty and have an under-grad degree? my daughter has done her MBA, she's such an achieved and successful mother AND wife !!!" and im like, what did i say ????!!! i swear it comes out of no where !! i dont even say anything to her. and i dont bother replying her back either..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Me. This kind of thing has happened to us so many times. DS will be hurt, or tired or just wanting me and MIL will try to hold him away from me. I get super pissed and just pick him up right out of her arms. She has tried doing this with DD now that DS is older and I just do the same thing. .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Aren't we all horrible. . . stealing their sons and turning them into grandmothers. The horror!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2010