Is it horrible to change your wedding ring??

My wedding set is 3 rings, two of which do not fit anymore. I would like to take them to a jeweler and change the whole look. All three into one and change from gold to silver. My husband couldn't believe it!! We were married by the mayor so it's not like they were blessed by a priest. I really don't feel like this is a big deal. It will be all the same stones. What do you think?? btw, my husband really won't care!

zetta816

Asked by zetta816 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As long as you and your husband are okay with it, its just a matter of preference. The ring is a symbol of your unity, not the tie that binds. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• so? they don't fit anymore, you should get new ones. My husband has already said that someday he's gonna get me a new one, because the one I have now is scratched up. Not to mention we got it for $16 at a pawn shop. There's no problem getting a new one
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Upgrading or changing it is fine!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I did I told my DH it was to small he wanted to make me happy. So In got a bigger one but used the stone he got me on one side of my new ring... To all the ladies out there go with ya SO to get the ring they always seem to go smaller alone lol...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I can see you doing after 10 of marriage but it's cheaper to have them sized. Ask you husband why it's a big to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I want to get mine resized, but I don't need to change the whole look.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• If you want to and your husband does't care than go for it. I personally would never do it. The ring my husband put on my finger on our wedding day is my wedding ring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I say go for it. I have two different wedding sets.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:34 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I upgraded, but not w/o talking to DH first. I wanted him to ok it b/c I wanted it to be a joint decision.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Thanks ladies!! This whole thing came about b/c my husband is doing work for this jeweler and the jeweler offered trade!! Thanks for all the advice and opinions, I will decide when I get there :))))))))))))
    zetta816

Answer by zetta816 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2010