Can a child be bullied and not even realize it, if it has been going on for so long?

I feel as if I am in a no win situation. Everyone lies school officials, the kids, and I am fighting for my daughter and she is not even seeing it.

She was with the girl yesterday who started the trouble that got her jumped, she is very passive. She protects people, yet know one protects her but us. The boy that punched her was there too, she was not talking to him, yet she didn't have any fear.
I tried to explain this is the girl who started the first incident, second and third, getting jumped. She really don't get it, how can I fight if she does not realize she is being bullied??? Could that be possible, that she was bullied for so long she thinks it is normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, that's why many abused women stay in abusive marriages. They live it at home then marry into it and think it's normal

Answer by admckenzie at 9:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2010