Periods after baby... (Tmi and kinda gross sorry!)

DD is 4months old. I started having periods again when she was about 8 weeks. I think I've had 3 since then. But they're sooo different! I bleed like CRAZY for about 3 days. To the point where I have to wear a pad and a tampon and still change them both every hour. And this month the blood was so slimy and clotted. I couldnt' even wear a tampon because it would just get coated with slimey stuff and come right out. is this normal for after having a baby?? I don't have insurance so I can't go back to my midwife and talk to her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like me, you need to get on an iron supplement b/c you can be getting anemic from so much blood loss (my ob told me to do this) gl mama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• The same thing happened to me. I breastfed for 10 mos after my dd was born, so that was 19 mos with no period and then heavy bleeding for several periods. I had to wear a pad and tampon just like you said and it would still soak through at times. It eventually got less heavy. I never went to the doctor or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2010