abortion PROBALLY DRAMA STARTER

okay so i just read a question about having an abortion behind dh or so's back...who here thinks the man should have a say? i know it's our bodies that carry the bab yand we have to go through everything but he helped create the child shouldn't he have a say whether or not to abort & if the mom dosen't want the baby but the dad does why not keep it and let him take care of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• In some situations, yes I think he should. I'm pro-choice (for certain reasons...obviously I think it's heinous to use it as birth control), but a baby is a baby at conception. If the baby was born and the father made a life or death decision about the child without the mothers consent, guess who'd be ready to, hypothetically, suck his soul through his eyeballs? MOM. It's sad that when the baby isn't wanted it's just a "cluster of cells" and the father is no longer a part of that child, like he didn't help create that baby. I don't think a man should force a woman into an unwanted pregnancy, I just wish more women would at least consider his feelings. Yes, it is the womans body, and it is her who has to carry that baby, go through labor and delivery, however it's not JUST her child either. But that's just my opinion.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i dont think anyone should have a say in abortion.. u created the kid. u deal with the out come.. even if u decide to give it to a family that wants a kid.... a child doesnt deserve to be killed..... then again if we didnt have abortion ppl would be using hangers to abort the baby and a lot of other things...
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• In a perfect world he should have a say. I'm going on a limb and saying that if a mom doesnt think she is ready then she isnt going to look at the man and say he is prepared to raise the child. Most men don't appear to make good parents until they are thrown in that situation thus he doenst seem ready until the baby is here. KWIM?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I think when men can conceive and deliver a baby then they can have a say. It is the Women's body and she should be able to make the decision. Period. If the man wants a baby let him go and adopt or hire a surrogate.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• part of me thinks a father should have equal rights regarding reproductive decisions. however, the larger part of me thinks those rights regarding reproductive decisions should be addressed BEFORE a pregnancy happens. i also think that women were better off many years ago when they had the sole power in this choice. i am thinking that including men in that decision can result in many forced pregnancies or abortions that are not in the mom's best interest. thus, overall, i feel this is a woman's choice. prior to being married i wouldn't have included the man. add to it my hubby was a real cockface one day when we had an argument and in an attempt to hurt my feelings said something about abortion. Earlier in my life (19 years ago), I had a child without involving the father in the decision. I never asked for help from him because I felt it was entirely my decision. I wish I would have now, but...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• After I had my first child who I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I developed High Blood Pressure, Had to have my Gall Bladder Removed, Got an excruciating bone spur in my foot that will never go away, major sleep deprivation, an episiotomy that still hurts, I pee myself when I laugh too hard or sneeze lets see what else.....????. It's all true but I am being facetious. So if the Man would be willing to TRADE the woman all of these issues as a result of the pregnancy to have HIS child then and only then can he have a say. By the way did I say I'm trying for another!!! :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• anon :57 Thanks for the laugh this morning! The things we do to spawn new life! lol. My hubby would totally trade places with me if he could! He gets jealous of all the things I get to exerience, although I do think he'd get fed up with tinkling his pants every time he coughed or sneezed!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• for abortion, no i dont think he should have a say because its not a baby yet. its a pregnancy, a fetus of the mothers body and so she should choose wether she wants to terminate it or not. but i think the father should have rights and say in wether the baby is given up for adoption becuase by then its obviously an actual living baby.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2010