Grrr.So this mom told her 3 year old son that I wouldn't mind if he picked my flowers.

Babysitting today.The mom and the son come in,she compliments our flowers (we've worked very hard to have the nice beds that we have). And she tells me that her son wants to pick some for his grandma. Well, the only flowers I even let MY OWN kids pick are the Lillies in the back because we have tons of those. He doesn't WANT those. He wants the other ones. I told him sorry but no..and blamed it on my husband (cuz he's not here anyway,lol). I told him that he wouldn't like it if we picked the flowers.
Why would someone tell thier child that they can pick someone elses flowers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd tell him how much work it takes to grow pretty flowers and you shouldnt want to ruin their beauty by picking them. Maybe you can show him by letting him plant some in a flower pot or a cup like they do in school. GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i think she should have asked you first then you tell his mom which ones he can pick and that he has to follow the same rules your kids do
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• That is so rude! I'm so sorry! I would say something to her, that is not ok...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i know thats stupid !!! this mom should have asked u first. and yes, if i were in ure place i'll politely tell the mom herself that my hubby doesnt approve of it (even if he doesnt :P) and ure son is only allowed to pick the lilies. if she insists that he just wants to pick one or two, then shake ure head in apologetic manner that still ure answer is no.
    one more tip: when ure seeing them off.. try to stand on ure porch or driveway waving them off. and keep standing there till they drive off. who knows, they might pluck out one or two secretly when u go back in house thinking they have left
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• OP here: I think i came up with a conclusion! I'm going to have him make poster board flowers and let him paint them for his grandma...lol. Think that'll side track him from wanting to pick the flowers? He is now saying that his mom is going to come yell at me and beat me up because I won't let him pick my flowers..because she said so. LOL. Alrighty then...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2010