I feel bummed

Boys are grown and gone, got laid off last june, and cant find a job. I feel useless. I dont know what to do all day. We dont really need the money but I find myself doing nothing all day. The chores get done and the house is clean but thats about it. What would you do if you were in my shoes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• sleep but i guess i'd choose sleep b/c i have an 8month old and a 3 year old and sleep dosen't exist in my home....sorry you feel bummed...maybe get a pet? idk gl
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• first of all apply for a job. schools are the best since they hire in summers. so something is better than nothing. secondly get busy. join a gym. ure local community. invite ure friends over on weekends for tea parties or lunch (thats helps alot too coz ure looking fwd to it the whole week, and that week passes by quickly). ofcourse unemployed friends. and urge them to make it a routine too.
    another thing is u can also do volunteer work. like i said..something better than nothing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Do some volunteer work or go work for a temp agency or take a class.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Girl, my kids are grown and gone. I feel wonderful! I do what I want, when I want. I sell stuff on eBay, I write for eHow, I do some merchandisng, but mostly I travel with my husband on his business.

Get out and enjoy your life Hon. There is plenty to do!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Do something you've always wanted to do and couldnt' do w/ the kids around. If you have a craft or hobby that you really enjoy, you could teach others how to do that. Do weekly group workouts, book clubs or recipe/coupn swaps. Run errands for elderly folks.

There are lots of places who need volunteers such as libraries, senior centers, hospitals ..... OR you could start your own home business. There are LOTS of them around (just be careful of scams)

I do PrePaid Legal - I tripled my investment within my first two weeks and quit my part time job within a month. This is a 38 yr old company with a AAA+ rating with the better business bureau and trades on the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) .. recently named one of the best home business opportunties. Also, they offer DAILY direct deposit, so you dont have to wait for your money!

www.maryjacobs.buildlastingsuccess.com

Good Luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2010