someone told me that satan is the angel of music, is that true? if so where in the bible can I find it. I'm having a hard time finding it on my own. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No dear... The Phantom is the Angel of Music... lol

Honestly, that's not something I have ever heard! But I guess it could make sense. Music is a HUGE influence on emotions.

Anyways, I don't believe it's biblical, but neither are most of the other beliefs surrounding Satan or the Devil...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I'm sure we could agree that some music is not so great..And I agree with SabrinaMBowen music can have a huge influence on peoples emotions. We do know though from the scriptures that satan is ruling this world at the current moment.(1john 5:19, john 14:30) .So I do believe that satan uses certain things such as music as one of his tools, that's why we do our best to follow Proverbs 4:23. But I have never seen any scriptures actually say satan is the "angel of music"  I have however read that he's the "angel of light"  2 Corinthians 11:14.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• ah yes He is... you will find it here... Lucifer was one of the most beautiful angels in Heavne but pride destroyed him... He was created with vocal chords that played music.

Ezekiel 28:13 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: THE WORKMANSHIP OF THY TIMBRELS AND OF THY PIPES WAS PREPARED IN THE DAY THAT THOU WAST CREATED.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• or i should say yes he was...

It is no wonder music is so dominate in the world today... both secular( much of it is demonic in nature) and Christian.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• lol!!!! damn it Sabrina you beat me to it. i was going to bring up the phantom being the angel of music ^_^ (i love anything phatom of the opera)

OP i'm no really sure if there really is an angel(or angels) of music. being a fan of fthe phantom of the opera i wanted to ask a question for the christians to see if there was a real angel of music in their faith but tought i would just get laughed at or something. i can look it up online and see if there is anthing about an angel of music in heaven then post it if i find something
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i found one website that said that Lucifer was the head of the ministry of music in Heaven when he was in heaven it also said something about him being originally created with instruments(tambourine,flute, and harp) to provide beautiful music for none other than the glorification of God. that website said theres something in your bible Ezekial 28:13 i think that says he might of been some type of angel of music. some other websites are saying something about some King Tyre person and they are saying the christian devil was not an angle of music. i dont know i've tried looking for some answers for you but thats all i'm really getting at the moment.

the only angels of music i ever think of really are Erik(sorry i have a phantom of the opera obbsession and most of Erik's story is based on facts) and Michael Crawford's voice. i love his voice he does remind me of an angel of music just not a literal angel.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• this is interesting because many scholars in Islam teach that music made with most instruments as forbidden.
    Anonymous

• No any one who says he is needs help for some delusional issues. No offence but really I can not believe the power people give that scum bag. I give him none he has no influence in my life, none at all. I give him no power and would just as soon kill him if ever face to face. Any one who says I can't doesn't know me, or my will very well.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Ezekiel 28:13 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: THE WORKMANSHIP OF THY TIMBRELS AND OF THY PIPES WAS PREPARED IN THE DAY THAT THOU WAST CREATED.

Where did you get he is from that.? WOW talk about reading and believing what fits YOUR needs. Great example thanks.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• 1)tabrets and 2)pipes aren't actually an accurate translation where as : 1)bezels and 2)sockets for holding jewels(and not musical instruments). is.

if you read the chapter as a whole, and in context, you'll see that music has really no place in the chapter. In some of the original texts the words used would actually have translated into "mountings", which has no bearings whatsoever to music.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2010