how to stop the lyeing???

my 4 yr old recently started the habbit of lyeing or useing scape goat. ie her brother or the dog.
husband and i are at our wits end and dont know what to do to get it to stop. we have done everything from lime juice in the mouth to vinegar to taking all her toys n stuff away for the day. and it seems like nouthing is working! i really need some help here guys.
more recently this morning long story short there was a puddle of pee in her bed. she claimed at first it was aiden her borhter then it was the dog. when all evidence leads to her' ie wet pj pants. etc. we told her we were not mad. and even said this in a calm tone.she proceeded to lie. so now she is in her room thinking about what she has done'

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 10:33 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are still punishing her and she lies because she is scared of telling you. I wouldn't punish her but tell her that it is ok for her to tell you the truth even if she lies. She doesn't feel comfortable with you and fears you. Punishing and doing horrible things like vinegar in the mouth just makes it worse.

I would read naomialdort.com and her book - it will help immensely.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I wrote I will not lie as many times as my hand could write in a flourescent marker and made my kiddo go over it repeating it each time he finished the line.
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 10:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• hmm well i dont think that will work for mine shes only 4 and doesnt know how to yet' '
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2010