Terrible 2s? 3s? 4s? 5s? LOL

It seems my daughter hit her "terrible twos" when she was about a year and a half, and now at 3 years old I am starting to question my sanity. I know every kid is different but anyone have any clue when this MIGHT stop, or atleast get a little better?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Our 2nd son, he's 7 yrs old now, is still going through it. He just doesn't know when to stop... I'm so sorry I don't have better news. The only way I can keep my sanity is I keep telling myself that he will grow out of it and one day slow down. It's not bad behavior, it's more like they just can't do enough, and it's always to the extreme. His grades are great, has lots of friends, but when it comes to things like his dirtbike, it's NO FEAR, and he goes 90 to nothing.... You'll get through it Momma.. Just think we will have so many stories to tell..lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My oldest child was a handful from about 18 months to about 10 years. I remember 3 being the worst year of all, and even though 4 was hard it was significantly better than 3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Rather than waiting for a phase to stop, make an assessment of the way your family is functioning and look for areas to improve. Is the child getting too little structure and academic challenge? Is she catered too and missing out on the opportunity to learn that she us one of many people in the household and should not always expect to have what she wants when she wants it? Is she getting to bed by 7:30pm? How is her diet? Are the family's expectations for her w/r/t behavior, self help skills and kindness high enough?
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 11:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I have a "strong willed " child I am watching test me every step of the way and I finally bought some books on how to deal with it so I am not losing my mind.. I am just starting them but they seem to be RIGHT ON - behavior wise
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• @Suzy Sunshine- As far as structure we are trying. She was removed from day care for being too violent with other children. Now since she is 3 we started her in a 5 day preschool for 3 hours a day. She does go to bed by 7 or 7:30ish EVERY NIGHT. As for diet, her appetite these days is nothing what it used to be. She doesn't seem to eat as much as i'd like her to but I was told not to force her to eat, that she would eat when she is ready. She is however good with her veggies, she will clear that side of her plate but not touch her meat or anything other than veggies. When she throws tantrums I usually ignore it or put her in her room to hash it out by herself so that it is easier for me to ignore. We do time outs on a regular basis when they are needed (which is quite often), we do not spank but do pop the butt once or twice when she clearly is not responding to the word NO. I am trying believe me, I am just not succeeding
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I have heard many parents say 3s are far worse than 2s.
    Anonymous

• 2 was foreplay for 3. lol

but in reality each age has a whole new set of challenges.

and each kid grows differently in each age range too - my 3 year old is a completely different 3 year old than either of her sisters.

just wait for *shudder* puberty (we're almost at that stage with my oldest)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• three year old take the cake for being little monsters my daughter was sooooo horrible when she was three that she made cry a couple of times but when she hit 4 she got a little better and now she about to turn five and she the best kid ever. kids are so weird
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2010