Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do we get her legally, in trouble, and maybe even get our money back?

After 6 years, we have found out that my step-daughter isnt even my husbands ( after getting married her mother came to our home to tell us he was the father of her baby) . He had a relationship with her and trusted her enough to believe that this indeed was his daughter. Well we payed child support - alot of it...and we barely ever got to see her...and then when we threatened to go to court to make sure we got visitation or even custody then things would change for ahwile and we got to see her often. We basically went without - we had to rent a small house, while she lived in a mini-mansion, we have basically never been on vacation, she has went on huge vacations more than twice a year, she doesnt work, we both have to work just to support ourself and our 2 children + her daughter and seemingly herself......Turns out she has also been getting CS from the "other father"..* continued*

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (27)
  • who isnt the bio. father either ! ( they both got DNA tests) ....... Most importantly we dont even get to see the little girl anymore, who we love very much......

    so question(s) is....
    1. we have already made a police report, but nothing was done ( this was months ago) ...what can we do?
    2. Is there anyway we would still beable to see her?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • First of all ( i know you're not done writing but) didn't the state request paternity before any CS was paid? That seems weird to me!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • well we didnt go through the court...we all just agreed to it ( which was very dumb I know)...But at first we didnt have alot of money...and she agreed to just getting payed whatever we could -- which seemed better than getting a set amount by the courts.... and then we said we would give her a higher amount when we made more money...which we ended up doing....

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • I found some decent answers here:




    Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • "well we didnt go through the court...we all just agreed to it ( which was very dumb I know"

    In that case, you probably won't have any luck getting anything done to "fix" what you guys already did (which was giving her lots of cash) I would still call a lawyer....

    Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • is he listed as the father on the birth certificate?

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • no she has no one on the birth certificate -- he had no idea about the baby until she was almost 9 months old ( when she showed up to our house)

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • if u have proof of payment u could get her for that. if ur child support was legal u could report her to DHS. but since its not legal i am not sure that would work.i think u could take her to court for custody of the girl since u guys have given her care and paid for so many things for her. i have always been told document document document.maybe u could show ur bank statements showing the amount of money u paid her for cs, or if u paid in check or money order u could use the copies of those as well.but ya like others have said talk to a lawyer then i would defanitly call dhs and tell them about the 2 "fathers" paying cs and see what they say.

    Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • Thats why you get a paternity test IMMEDIATELY! How was the support paid? What it ordered or did he just give her money? Makes all the difference in the world. If it was ordered get an attorney.

    Answer by shamillionaire at 11:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

  • My husband paid for a kid for 18 years. It was court ordered with no DNA, but DNA tests were not the norm then. She left with the baby after birth and he never had the kid for visits. The court ordered visits but it was always during work hours. He has this whole box of letters to the judge asking for visits that where denied, it is sad to read. We ran into this kid with his grandfather one day and you could see there was no way this kid was related, he did look like the other guy she left hubby for, who ended up raising him. We contacted the courts (the child was 16 by then) but they refused to test. They said they couldn't possibly go back and tests all these kids, so as long as his name was on the birth certificate he had to pay. Then when the boy turned 18 the other guy legally adopted him and they changed his last name. I think hubby was robbed for 18 years.


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.