Social Justice, What is it to you?

I have heard this phrase thrown around a lot lately...... Social Justice. what exactly does that mean to you? Do you think there is really such a thing?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Redistribution of wealth from those that earned it to those that covet it. That's all it means to me.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Well, here is something that is currently ticking me off.  It's a case close to home.   Here are the details.  Mother #1's son shot a kid when he was 16, he soon turned 17.  Kid that was shot is disabled, after a long lengthy recovery.  Anyway, kid that did shooting was sentenced to prison in an adult prison, no less.  (Which I feel he deserved).  Anyway, kid that did shooting hung himself before he could go to the prison, because he didn't want to suffer (Um, right).  Anyway, So now mother #1 is in court fighting for juveniles to not be sent to adult prison.  Her name is all over the papers and she was even given an award.  She is being considered a hero.  In my eyes, she is scum.  CONT

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Her name is all over the papers and she was even given an award.  She is being considered a hero.  In my eyes, she is scum.  She is only trying to clear her own name.  I can't stand this woman.  I think she needs to be jailed for failing as a mother.  Anyway, here is the story:</p>
    <p><a href="http://www.semissourian.com/story/1628563.html" target="_blank">http://www.</a></p>

Where is the victim's social justice here?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Social justice means moving towards a society where all hungry are fed, all sick are cared for, the environment is treasured, and we treat each other with respect and compassion.- M. Benjamin

I agree with ^
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• ^ That ladie's is what is called a pipe dream.It is a spread the wealth ideologue under the guise of "justice." Who doesn't want justice when a wrong has been done? There you go most people will hear "justice" and eat it up without even really finding out exactly what "social justice" is being promoted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• For all those who would call themselves religious, what does social justice mean to you?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It is means taking care of the

..................ready??????????????? the ...................................................UNDERSERVED!

another  bit of jargon, meaning the UNDERINDUSTRIOUS!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• As a Christian, I would say that just because some Lib coined a phrase , doesn't mean it EVEN deserves a definition.

It means, for the most part, taking care of the lazy people.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I know what it means to our current admin. They've been preaching it enough. I have a totally different view of it. I see social justice as people treating each other the way they deserve to be treated. If I act inappropriately, then I suffer the consequences of that action. If someone treats ME inappropriately, then THEY suffer the consequences for what they have done.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I am for the promotion of charity starting at home and private charties not giving the government more control and allowing it to continuously waste our money.Allowing it to snatch our money take a good portion of it for whatever non essential bull hockey they wish and then throw whatever amount they wish to whoever THEY deem suitable to recieve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2010