What is the best stain fighter that you have found? HELP

Well I have 4 amazing but wild children. and of course they get messy at times. I hate having to buy new clothes just because i cannot get a stain out of something. I have tried a few different things but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions???

sexy_can_i

Asked by sexy_can_i at 11:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I found SHOUT to help... dd got into vaseline and I found this SHOUT product to work for greasy stains. It got the vaseline out of everything and even pizza sauce off our carpet instantly... out of clothes too!!! I was amazed at how well that worked. Otherwise I hear oxyclean works wonders, but SHOUT's always done the job here. I spray it on, let is soak on the stain for 10 mins to an hour and then throw it into the washer. Vinegar works for smells and rubbing alcohol gets blood out (as long as it hasn't been there for long) and then rinse it with cold water. As far as one product for everything.... I haven't found one! I save stained clothes for paychecks then find one cleaner that should work for the stain.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I use Simple Green. The stuff gets dried (washed and dried) blood out, grass stains, food stains, etc. The only thing it didn't get out completely for me was permanent marker. Best of all, it's not toxic.

It cleans just about anything as well.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• We used to get these tiny bottles called stain devil (I think) they had all different ones for milk, oil, blood, grease, and they worked great! But now I can't find them anymore :(
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Spray and Wash or I guess they changed the name to Resolve. Anyways, it works great for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• OXYCLEAN.

for bad stains I'll let them soak overnight in a bucket. usually works.

just got 6month old hot chocolate stains out of a shirt the other day by doing that.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Plain ol' shampoo. Rub it in with your finger, let it sit overnight, then rub a lil bit more in before you throw it in the wash. Works every time.

charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 12:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Nature's Miracle - find it in a pet supply store. It will take out pretty much any organically based stain you can toss at it. I've used it for blood, feces, urine, vomit, grease, oil and grass stains.
    Anonymous