My dad's too much of a pushover...

ok, about a week and a half ago, my 16 year old sister wrecked MY car. It was totaled. I live with my in-laws now, but it's only like 15 minutes away from my dad and sister. Anyways, she got 2 tickets (no insurance and NO license) has court, and they have to pay $3000 for the telephone pole she broke. She's ok though. My dad knows I don't like her driving my car. It was at their house because my dad needs it to go to work. He lets my sister drive it anyway. And when she wrecked it, she didn't get in trouble or ANYTHING! She still has her phone, and doesn't have to do anything to help pay for the pole. What should I tell my dad to knock some sense into him? He lets her get away with EVERYTHING!

AirForceWife14

Asked by AirForceWife14 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If the car is in your name, your insurance coverage, have her start paying 1/2 of the insurance (and put her on the policy). Otherwise YOU are going to be liable for damages. If the car is not your name/your insurance, who's is it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• the insurance expired last july and my dad just never started it up again. and the car won't run anymore
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Tell him to buy a car bc you are going to be held responsible for your car. I hope you had full coverage not to mention when the insurance co finds out you allowed a teen to drive your car your insurance is going to skyrocket so high it's not funny. Good luck with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• In our state your driver's license would have been taken for owning a car with no insurance. You should have sold dad the car and made him responsible. Just hope you don't get arrested for this. You are the owner of the car. That means you are responsible for that $3,000 pole.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You couldn't afford the insurance on the car, you shouldn't have continued to own it. The responsible adult thing to have do is to have sold the car. Since that happened, you have to deal with the fall out of what happened when your sister drove your vehicle. And since she's your SISTER and NOT your daughter.....sorry to say, but it is up to your FATHER to punish her as he sees fit.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Talk to him,thats all you can do and tell him he took advantage of you when he let her drive knowing that the car was there as something nice you were doing for him. Let him know if he cant respect u more than that then u wont be helping him out anymore.
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 2:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010