My son is almost 13 months and is not crawling/walking...

He doesn't pull up, can stand if i help him and then will hold onto something when i let go. All he does is roll everywhere and if he cant reach a toy, makes himself fall over so he can roll to get it. he's 25 lbs 11 oz so i thought maybe his size is part of the problem. i had him evaluated and he needs play therapy, not sure what that is going to help with, and possibly physical therapy. im very concerned. havent started therapy yet, but does anyone have any ideas or advice about why he may be so behind??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 1st didn't walk until 15 months (b/c he was too fat! LOL) and my 2nd didn't walk until almost 24 months (b/c he has a leg/foot deformity). Talk to your dr, but it's probably nothing.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Talk to his pediatrician.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• thats how my neice is...she is too afraid...don't worry, when he's ready, he'll walk. Some babies never crawl so dont worry about the crawling....one day he'll take steps without even realizing it. my first was walking by 12 months, and my second was walking completely by 7 months.
    Anonymous

• Do you just hand things over without making him work for it? Noah didn't crawl until 11 months old at ALL until I stopped giving in and carrying him everywhere. I also used to put him in his jolly jumper way too much and he was just plain lazy.
    tiptopgurl88

Answer by tiptopgurl88 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2010