would you keep it or toss it?

okay...DH and i are cleaning out our garage tomorrow and im working on our closets today. we are going thru EVERYTHING hoping to get rid of stuff we no longer need/want...

but ive found a box of Highlights magazines from when i was a kid. its every magazine from September of 1991 to November of 1997. all but a few are in good shape and i would think my DD would really appreciate them in a few years.

SO...would you keep them or toss them (and by toss i mean donate them)?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 12:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• To me it would depend on if I had the room to store it. I have very little storage in my house and would not pay to put anything in storage, so I have to really think about if aomething is worth storing for however much time it would need to be stored.
    I think highlights magazines are great for kids, but not until 7-10. If my baby was less then age 2 and I didn't have a lot of extra storage space, I would donate. If she is closer to the appropraite age and or you have plenty of storage, then keep them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would keep them! Especially if you think your child would enjoy them... Then again you could go ahead and donate these, and then get her more later....
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Toss.
    Anonymous

• Toss probably. Or see if some odd person on craigslist wants to buy them LOL
    Anonymous

• depends on the age of your kids. if they'll be into them within a year or so I'd keep but if they won't be into them for a few more years I'd donate to a school or somewhere.

they haven't changed much since then. my girls love highlights.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Oh, keep them! I remember my cousin and I discovering a bunch of girls' magazines from the 50's in the attic and we felt like we struck oil, lol. If anything tho, please don't just throw them away, put them on craigslist or freecycle or see if there's a doctor's office nearby that could use them in their waiting room.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 12:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would keep them but I am a bit of a pack rat so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. : P
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 12:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• toss
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Recycle..
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 3:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Toss
    Anonymous