Spiders in the bed..

How do I get them out?
I have washed the linens and the quilts and the pillows and the pillow cases. We live in the country and there are bugs everywhere.The spiders are the worst. It doesn't matter how often I wash the bed linens...they find thier icky crawly way back under my blankets! I'm a light sleeper and I have woken up from the feel of them crawling on my arm or leg and I have seen them before I get to screaming and smacking and smashing away. So I know what they are. I try to keep the blanket from hanging on the floor so the nonjumping ones can't crawl up the blanket. But the ones that can jump are right in bed with us and its freaking me out. Its getting so I have very little sleep at night. At my wits end and I don't know what to do! Any Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Unfortunately, you have to treat the whole house. Spiders eat bugs but don't lick their (paws) legs, whatever. So poisoning them is tough. You have to kill their food source, the other bugs in the house. I use Orkin who lay sticky traps, use sprays around the perimeter of the house, etc. I'm told Home Depot has a spray you can put around the house. The bug traps smell like cherry and that attracts the spiders. They are SUPER sticky and basically get stuck in them. But kill the other bugs first. When you see the bigger spiders, that means they are getting hungry and coming out of the walls. So gross, I know.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• !!! Yes, I have seen bigger spiders..big fat ones. I don't even know what they are but they are scary. I haven't saw those ones in my bad but I will die for sure if I do! Those I have only seen in my bathroom and in the basement.
    I will try the bug traps..thanks so much!
    Anonymous

• omg i would kill myself if i was you. i would be moving.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• have the house and area around the house sprayed by an exterminator!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I know you're in the country but do you have a lot of clutter? That can really cut down on them.
    Anonymous

• We live in the country too and last year I was finding them in our clothes after they got washed and everything ugh. I am terrified of spiders. This year we got on a yearly treatment plan for the house. Hopefully that will cut down on them. We live in an area that has the wolf spiders and black jumpers, in addition to some more unpleasant varieties that thankfully we haven't seen yet. Good luck; I would get the whole house treated, and keeping the floors fairly clean/clutter free helps (something I'm not that good at lol) because they have less places to hide.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2010