(Christian advice please) I know abortion is wrong

I understand abortion is wrong. I understand we are all human. How can I go about forgiving myself and being worthy of God's forgiveness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• And pray that God would help you to forgive yourself also so you don't have to live in guilt! He forgives you... time to forgive yourself and live in His freedom!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• you only need to be worthy to yourself!! who is this god you speak of?? have you ever met him?? why do you need to be worthy of some imaginary thing youve never met???
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Time heals...eventually you will feel ready to forgive yourself and everyone is worthy of God's forgivenss, all you have to do is ask Him.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• everyone "sins". Forgiving yourself will take time. Start off by praying every night about this, talk to him about how you feel the the guilt you carry. Maybe later on in life you can adopt a child who is in desperate need for a loving family.

You will heal, but there may always be a part of you that feels like it's missing. I'm sorry you're going through this. I know it can be very painful. Luckily, you have a forgiving guru. Just talk to him & tell him everything.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• she asked for Christian advice although i do agree with your 1st sentence

that being said, murderers are forgiven by God but 1st you must forgive yourself
    Anonymous

• AND the guilt you carry....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I have met Him. This God I speak of has pulled me up from the darkest corner. I do not find the need to be worthy of some imaginary thing, I find the need to be worthy to of my Savior, of the one who gave me life.

I do not understand why you feel the need to kick me when I am down and make fun of my beliefs. The question is marked for Christians. When Christians go into other question they are called out, why do you show an example of bad atheist behavior?
    Anonymous

• All you have to do it ask for forgiveness. I believe in a woman's right to choose, but I think it's the wrong choice. Medical procedures won't stop God. I can promise you that He is bigger than that. He knew what choice you were going to make before you did. I'm not saying He would ever want anyone to get an abortion, but things happen for a reason. You can't fully dedicate yourself to Him with guilt holding you back. Guilt doesn't come from God. and you are worthy. That's why His son died for you. He knew that we would make mistakes and there are no exceptions to what He forgives.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• God has already forgiven you.  You've asked God, he has given it to you.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Purpulbutterfly please.. take a step back :-) She is asking CHRISTIANS and your comments are NOT helpful but very degrading .
    OP :
    You asked for forgiveness right? Have you forgiven yourself?
    Once you have then I want to encourage you that God no longer remembers what you did. It is gone as far as the east is to the west and remembered no more.. it is tossed also into the sea of forgetfulnness... He carried that sin on the cross, He already paid the heavy price and YOU . HIS precious child of God do not have to carry that within. You are free and He sees not what you did in your past but who you are know, a precious, beautiful, loved and totally adored child of God. He is a Papa looking at His daughter and telling you how much He loves you and wants to heal your heart . Perfect rest in this is only found in the heart of God and Jesus! You are NO LONGER under condemnation but free for where the Spirit of the Lord is cont
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2010