What are some easy excercises to firm up hips and thighs and thin down the calves while pregant?

And the only equipment I have to use is the stairs, the floor, a wooden chair,lol. Unless there is something else creative to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Great suggestions from Anon ... you can also do Pregnancy Yoga.

Message me if you are interested in the Yoga and I'll give you the link for it.

Good luck & congrats on the baby!
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 6:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• All of the above.

Stand at your kitchen/bathroom counter; put your hands on the edge for balance and do front; side; and back leg lifts; this will start to tone your thighs.

If you still have the balance to do squats; again I stand next to the counter so I can use one hand for balance if needed; but rise up on your tip toes; THEN do your squats...this will work your calves...you can also just life up on your toes and lower back down; that's another good one for your calves.

Stand on the floor in front of your stairs; and put one foot two steps up; and step up; do each leg several reps each...this will do thigh and butt

(all the leg lifts can be done on the ground as well)

I do "girl" pushups off the kitchen/bathroom counter too...the angle is easier for me...
    Anonymous