What are some symptoms that you have allergies and its not a cold?

I've never had allergies before but I've heard that the older you get, they can happen. I'm in my 30's and this is a high pollen count year or so I've heard and whatever that really means,lol. Like I said, I never had to deal with allergies before,lol.
Anyway, I have a sore throat and my nose is a little runny...all clear and a slight headache located just in the front forehead area. Think it could be allergies or a cold?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• I have allergies fairly bad, it just depends on where I'm living. Here I have problems with a few of the local mold strains. But I did read that it's a bad pollen year and people are being bothered by it that never had problems in the past.

Currently my symptoms are plugged sinus, pounding in my head, a screaming headache and this morning the itchy, burning thing in my eyes started. That last one hasn't been around for awhile. What I try to do is keep the a/c on, though not real cold...just enough to where it helps filter out the pollen, plus it helps remove excess humidity. Keeping the doors/windows closed on "high count" days. Changing our clothes if we've been outside, showering every night...and changing/washing bedding every other day if nothing else seems to be helping. I also use a homeopathic allergy treatment, otc stuff just makes me sleep too much. I also like the zycam nasel gel, it helps. Good luck
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Sounds like allergies, the headache in the forehead is sinus pressure.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• If you have any itching at all, (eyes, nose throat)  then it's definitely allergies.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• That's allergies. THere are several over the counter meds you can take: benedryl, zyrtec, claritan, are the main ones.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2010