When the weather is nice out do you try to take your children outside everyday?

I try but some days I get so caught up with everything that I want to get done IN the hosue first that before I know it, its lunch time then cleanup time then naptime then wake up time then snack time then cleanup time then dinner time then cleanup time then bathtime then bedtime.
lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol. I feel ya. I try to do it everyday but its supposed to rain for like EVER now.....I think 6 days..
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I try to. Sometimes I get too busy doing things inside though. On really nice days I like to take them for a walk.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely- My kids go straight outside after breakfast, they need fresh air, sunshine, play time! If it's raining, they play on the back porch (its very large, and screened in). Rarely does a day go by when they do not play outside- usually only when they don't feel well. We would all go crazy if we had to stay in!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yep! Even on the days when it isnt nice out. It has been so nice outside the last few days that I have to stay up late to do my housework after he is in bed because he is still too young to be outside unsupervised but wants to stay out there allll day.
    In my opinion, there is no such thing as bad weather, just innapropriate clothing. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yes, my dd needs the change of scenery. And I love how the sunshine and fresh air just suck the energy out of kids!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yes. You just have to DO IT! There is always something to clean and some chore to do inside. Sometimes they need to be put off... I try to take my daughter outside everyday on nice days, and to the indoor play place on not so nice days... It's supposed to rain here the next 6 days too :(.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 1:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Absolutely. Housework can wait. Kids deserve to have the playtime outside if it's nice.
    Anonymous

• yep...rain or shine they're outside.

we're outside almost all day.

but we do have a large yard with lots to do, and they love playing out by themselves (9,6, &3)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• never.. hee hee..
    Platinum10

Answer by Platinum10 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I work outside the home and still make time to get myself and my kids outside every day. They are 2.5 years and 11 months old. I can't imagine not getting outside (unless it's pouring or blizzarding).
    Anonymous