Do you feel like you have to have a bowel movement every time you get nervousor anxious?

I do and I hate it. When I'm anxious about anything, I have to go to the toilet several times in one day. When my SO and I are arguing about something and its not resolved by the next day, there I am again, on the toilet.
Is there a name for this? Like Nervous bowel syndrome or something? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• I do sometimes, although my sister has it so bad that if something is bothering her, she'll almost live in the bathroom. lol She'd kill me if she knew I told anybody that.

I'm not sure if it has a name though, if it does it's probably [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] this long. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It happens to me also. It all started when I was a kid and a storm was coming. As soon as the thunder started I was on the toilet. It's still a huge joke in my family. As soon as it starts to rain someone laughs and says "uh oh, I gotta poop!"
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 1:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yeah,I'm like that too! Both feeling like peeing or pooping when I'm anxious.Its something that animals do when nervous,like a dog peeing when they're scared or upset. Survival technique. Threat is removed when you evacuate your bowels/bladder because the bigger animal runs away to avoid it.
    Anonymous

• I had that problem when I was younger and evolved into UC you might want to get it checked or at least talk to your doctor about it. But it could just be nerves. Suck I know!
    Anonymous

• yessss when im anxious i totally get the runs...im not trying to sound funny ...omgsh i hate it,...its like nerves scramble my stomach up
    Platinum10

Answer by Platinum10 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2010