Chores?

Do your children have specific daily chores, chores that change every day, or no chores at all?

Mad_Hexer

Asked by Mad_Hexer at 1:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are responsible for cleaning their room, and putting their stuff where it goes when they come home, instead of dumping it in the middle of the floor.
    They don't each have specific chores. I have them share the chores. If Isabel did dishes yesterday, today it's amber's turn. And David's after that. Goes in a circle. Same goes for vacuuming and sweeping.
    I am usually the one to bag up and take out the trash. Sometimes they will do it for me when I am too busy doing something else.
    That's pretty much it.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• my 13 yr old dd loads diswasher at night and empties it in the morning - on saturday she cleans her bathroom and a few extras for me around the house (vaccum, dust etc) - sometimes does her own laundry - along with her 5 yr sister's. she gets paid $5.00 to $8.00 per week
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 2:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• both.

they have daily chores and weekly. each kid gets a night in the kitchen, and they make beds, tidy bathroom, take laundry downstairs, maintain their bedrooms
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2010