The temptation to drink a couple glasses of wine are high these past couple days and I'm pregnant.

I have been so stressed out. I've never been one to drink too much but I would enjoy an occassional glass of wine or a beer socially with friends.
But I tell you, my nerves are pushed up against the wall. My emotions are crazy. I'm driving myself nuts. My youngest has been so clingy that I can't get a single thing done. I can't just set her down and let her cry, she holds onto my leg and follows me around crying and it breaks my heart so of course I hold her, rock her and comfort her but she won't let me put her down. My oldest has developed an evil attitude. My SO just gets on my nerves...PERIOD.Were behind on the bills.Look, I just need a drink,lol. I am avoiding the temptation. The only liquor in the house is a hundred year old bottle of wine weve had for forever. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• I would avoid it alltogether in the first trimester, but most pracitioners will agree that ONE half-glass of wine, once in a blue moon WILL NOT HURT YOUR CHILD.

DO NOT take this as advice to be licentious and drink yourself into a stupor lol. I said ONE half-glass like, once every other week or less.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I'm in the second trimester. LOL..no, I would never have intentions of drinking myself into a stupor,lol. Well, if you see a drink pregnant woman walking down a busy street giving the finger to every man that passes by on the evening news...well..that might be me,haha. Just kidding.
    My doctor has said that a couple glasses of wine a week would be okay too. I guess I just feel guilty. But it would sure just put a a smile on my face today to just have one glass, a nice hot bubble bath and a good book and a long nap.
    Anonymous

• Don't do it. It's not going to help any of your problems.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i would NOT drink even one glass of wine while i was pregnant. i dont care what any DR's say. i think its ridiculous to think you can drink any alcohol while you a baby in your tummy. it sucks being pregnant, it seems to be when you need a drink the most but you cant. you wont be pregnant forever.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would find other outlets of stress relief! I'm 28 weeks - I have a 12 year old with autism, a 10 year old, an 8 year old who thinks she's turning 16, and a 17 month old who is running me ragged . . . I know all about stress. Believe me, I would love to have a margarita, I only drink socially when non pregnant, but for some reason I have the craving for one so bad! But I would never consider drinking while pregnant.

Answer by missanc at 3:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• How is it that people think alcohol solves problems they only mask the problems temporarily and then they are right back at ya.
    I do understand the kids being clingy I wonder if perhaps your child feels your vibes and insecurities about everything in your life. Kids are more aware than we know. I strongly suggest a walk with your family let the kids laugh and play make a point to try to laugh,I've been in your shoes an dI can tell ya I honestly do understand,but remember its only temporary these things will pass in time.
    Anonymous

• I know alchohol doesnt solve problems. I don't expect it to. I never have and I never will. But some days, its nice to have something take the edge off, to relax me a little. I'm just so uptight right now.Not that that is the way I always take the edge off, lol..I don't want anyone twisting my words around. I can't even rememebr the last time I drank to be honest with you. I drink maybe 2-3 times a YEAR. Anyway, I'm not even drinking. I said I was tempted. I'm not opening up a 100 year old bottle of one to soothee my urges,lol.
    Anonymous