Do u have to tip if u r on a tight budget to get my hair done?

Do they understand that in the economy we can barely afford do do our hair twice a year or so? My roots are two inch long :( should I feel bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• They sell hair die at the store.

Answer by louise2 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I think you need to tip. Just $5 or so.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It is tacky/selfish to not tip... do you realize that THEY are dealing with the same economy.

When you figure out your budget for a hair cut you do not just base your budget on the price... you base it on the price PLUS the tip. If you can not afford BOTH than you can not afford any of it.

Find a less expensive salon or do it yourself.

Anonymous

• I think not tipping at hair dresser is like not tipping a waitress. If you can't tip your waitress, don't eat out. Same with the hair salon. You can dye your own hair, I have. I have even cut my own hair.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 2:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yes, you should always tip for good service!! Just count it into the price when you are deciding how often to go. I agree with the pps - if you can't afford to tip, go buy a box of hair color at the store!

Answer by missanc at 3:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yes, you should tip. If you can't afford to pay for your hair & tip, you should get your color at the store & do your own. The person you would be getting your hair done by is trying to make a living too. They are probably having just as rough of a time as everyone else. It would be very unfair to make it worse for them by denying them part of their expected income.

I have been coloring my own hair at home for more than 10 years. It's so easy & it only costs a few $ per box. Plus, my husband helps me & we enjoy doing it!... my hair I mean... well, the other too!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2010