If youre a stay at home mom, do you do everything on a schedule every day or just kinda go with the flow of the day?

For us, mornings are always the same, get up, get breakfast made, get dressed,kids go to school, the one not in school gets dressed. But for the rest of the day, its a go with the flow kind of day here.
Depending on what we are doing lunch may come a little earlier or later,nap times vary depending on the signs they are giving me that they are tired and so forth.
I've tried sticking to a clock schedule down to th ehour but it just doesnt work for us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just go with the flow. I have an 8 1/2 month old so my day depends on what his mood and needs are. He takes a nap when he's tired, he eats whenever he's hungry, and I do what I need to do according to how he is. Sometimes I wish I had some kind of a routine just because it would be a lot easier to plan things or go places but I just can't see that happening any time soon.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i pretty much do what you do
    Anonymous

• I have a routine..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 2:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I have a schedule because being well rested and having a full belly keeps my dd happy. I think some kids need more routine than others.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• until about noon I have a regular schedule - up, dh to work, workout, kids up and off to school, every other day youngest has school, and lunch at noon.

by noon I have most of the chores done and can play for the rest of theday.

3pm our routine is back - pick up kids from school, homework, make dinner, gymnastics, sparks and brownies, etc...
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• we have a routine most of the time. but it can get changed some days... dd is pretty good either way.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I have a routine. If things don't happen at the exact time they're supposed to, it doesn't get me all bent out of shape but I try to keep things as routine as possible because I think it's good for my kids.

Answer by missanc at 3:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I do my best to keep a schedule....obviously the time fluctuates a couple hours here and there. But I try to keep daily things in our routine.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I go with the flow, but meal times, nap time, and bed time are always the same. It just depends on the weather, day of the week, holidays...etc. that determines what we do during the day.
    scnyuma

Answer by scnyuma at 5:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• for meals and chores nd bed time we are routined.. with naps and school we go with the flow
    Anonymous