breasfeeding question- tmi

My daughter is 7.5 month old and eats very little solids. I have yet to have a period but three days ago i noticed a very small amount of pinkish brown discharge only when i wiped. I noticed a tiny bit for a two day to follow but never had to use a pad or anything. ITs practically nothing. Should i consider this a period? is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• FOr the sake of avoiding another pregnancy if that is what you want, you should consider it fertile bleeding, meaning that your body is returning to ovulation.

It sounds like breakthrough bleeding as your body tries to ovulate for the first time since birth. It's totally normal. You may soon get a period, or you may go another few months without, with occaisional spotting here and there to signal that your body is trying to ovulate.

Take appropriate action ;)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i just wouldnt worry about it.. its normal not to get your period while nursing. I got my 1st period on my dd's 2nd birthday because she nursed until she was 20mo old.. so it took another 4mo for my period to return even after she stopped nursing.

what are the chances you could be pregnant? sometimes u get a twinge of blood from implantation.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would keep track of it, just put a little p on the calander. It is normal, some do it and osme dont.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It is likely what is sometimes called a "warning menses". You probably did not ovulate and build up much of a lining to shed, but you will soon. You will likely have a "normal" period in about a month. This happened to me at 8 mos with my first. they later you start your period the less likely you are to have a "warning menses". It usually happens when you start at 12 months or before.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010