ok so the doctor put me on strict bed rest on wednesday bc of my BP being so high...but my JOB keeps calling me about stupid stuff. "Where can i find this paperwork? There's a patient here and she needs this? Why is there so many papers on your desk?"

Then a friend texts me and says her supervisor is rearranging things in my office...WTF!!!! how am i suppose to relax with work calling about stupid questions and someone moving all my S*** in my office. Ugh sorry i needed to vent, but i can only imagine what my BP is like now.

lacyleanne

Asked by lacyleanne at 3:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Turn off your phone! Im sure youre doctor would say the same. You and your baby are more important.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Don't answer the phone. They will survive without you, no offense intended but you need to keep your BP down. Your baby is more important then those pinheads at your job.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You should have put stuff up before you left the office.
    Anonymous

• It is really hard to leave work. I left for a week for vacation and it felt so weird knowing people were in my stuff! Don't worry if they are rearranging stuff..you can fix it all when you are back to work. They wont get it perfect cause you will be gone for a few months Im assuming. Maybe you can talk to one person there and tell her you need to take as few calls as possible cause it is stressn you out not being there and to only call if it is absolutely necessary. In the meantime turn on the tv and have hubby rent you some movies!! They will get over you not being there..and it is nice to know you really are needed :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Trust me, if i wasnt in the military, I would totally turn my phone off and not even think twice about it. Most of the time I love being in the military but sometimes i just wish i was a civilian again....and to anon, I wasnt expecting to be going on bed rest when i went to my appointment. And its MY office, it has MY name on the door so i shouldnt have to put things away in MY office on MY desk. I certainly would never go into a coworkers office and start moving their stuff, they shouldnt do it to mine. But thanks for your ignorant answer :)

But on a good note, I talked to my supervisor and that person that kept calling me is not going to be bothering me anymore...apparently that person has never been pregnant and doesnt understand the seriousness of my situation.
    lacyleanne

Answer by lacyleanne at 4:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• LACY, I FEEL YOU BEEING ACTIVE DUTY AND WILL PROB BE ON BEDREST FOR HIGH BP WITH THIS ONE. AND TALK TO YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND TELL YOUR SUPIVISOR THE PROBLEM AND LAY DOWN THE LAW.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 6:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2010