He says he wants my heart but all he talks about is... what should I do?

There is this guy I have been texting for 6 months. I know him from high school but he doesn't live here anymore. Lately, all he has talked about is me meeting half way because he wants me... he says that it's not all he wants but eventually if I like him, we will work are way to it. I told him that is all he wants and he says he wants my heart. I am so confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• IMO... texting is not a valid "relationship"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• That's not a relationship. Sounds like he just wants some booty.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Every time we're getting ready for our high school reunion I get guys from h.s. telling me that they wanted to date me back then and that they know we'd be a great couple...blah blah blah. All nice guys but so far the more I talk with them the more I see they just want sex. I'm not saying your guy only wants sex but I bet he wants it before he commits to anything else. I wish I had something positive to say but in my experience it's just a booty call. I have someone I care deeply about and I have no need for a booty call. It's a boost to my ego to get these emails from guys who want me. I just take these emails and txts as what they are, just words. Actions speak louder than these messages.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Texting is an odd way to cary on for 6 months. Have you spoken. Do you know where he lives? Do you know anything about his current life. I find it odd that he wants to meet up for sex (that is what it sounded like you were saying).

I would guess he is married.

btw... I personally would find it VERY disrespectful of a man to carry on for 6 mo. via text with out taking me out, wanting to see me, etc... it would make me feel cheap, as if he didnt have enough respect for me to do anything more that what is easy for him.

Anonymous

• talk on the phone at least before you make any decisions, also if he really wants more then sex he wont ask you to go half way he will go to see you and make the effort. but seriously i have known many men who drive to other states just to have sex.
    Anonymous

• "Booty Call"
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You cannot put such trust and hope in text messages. You are bound to get hurt in some way. A relationship takes spending time in reality with someone on a consistent basis. That's the only way you are going to know what kind of person he is and if he is worth getting to know better.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• he sounds like he just wants u the other way remeber long distance relationships never work!!1
    Hyde3

Answer by Hyde3 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• He probably is married.

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• L
    O
    S
    E
    R
    Anonymous