sr-22

what is sr-22 and is it cheaper? I'm trying to get insurance on my car that doesnt cost a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• SR-22 is a form filed from your insurance company to DMV when you have been charged with a DUI. Its costlier than regular insurance because of that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I dont have any dui's so I guess sr-22 is out. I heard its cheaper than regualr car insurance so I wanted to know.
    Anonymous

• SR 22 is actually WAY more expensive b/c it's for people w/ DUIs. DH has 2 DUIs (yes, he's an idiot) and his car insurance is over $300/month. Because we're married, mine went up too. Mine is over $200/month and I haven't had a ticket in over 3 years!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I had a friend that required SR-22 coverage, but no DUI's. She had to have it because of a financial responsibility situation.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My son had to have Sr22 for awhile..his was only 76.00 a month.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 9:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2010