How long would I have to go to College to be A Social Worker?

How long would I have to go to College to be A Social Worker??? I'm going to my Community College to sign up next week.

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 3:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in

• a BSW is a 4 year degree, I have one
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• 4 years. My sister did that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It depends on your state. In some states you can work as a social worker/aide with a Bachelor's degree (which is about 4 years going full time), but in order to be a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) you need your Master's degree as well (which is about 2 years). So, in all you would be in school for 6 years.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I went for 6 years to receive my MSW (masters in Social Work) degree............
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• A minimum of a 4 year degree, if not a Masters. I am in the process of finishing my associates in Human Services, then I will be getting my Bachelor's and Masters in Social Work and become a LCSW and counsel adolescent alcohol and drug addicts.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• An MSW is almost essential, which is five years if you are in an accelerated program (e.g., first obtaining a B.A. in SW). Social work is actually one of the least profitable degrees just so you know.
    Anonymous

Next question in
Need some homework help please

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Do you use JJ Cole stuff?