Can I ask to be induced? HELP

As of right now My due date is all over the place... Anywhere from the 4th of June to the 27th of June, Hitting the 14th and the 23rd.... I am already SO un-comfy. With my son I had no where near as much pain as I do with this preg. My hips hurt, I leak pee ALL day long it seems... And I am throwing up way to much to count now.... I have a 14 month old and my mother law (whome we are living with while our house is being finished) is going to be gone the last week of June and the 1st week of July... I really need her there... She is the only one that we have to take care of our son while I am in L&D...

Would it do any good to ask to be induced around the 14th? Its 2 weeks before my OB has me due... But I know HE IS WRONG--- He just wont listen.... I think I am due the 4th... I know if she comes before the 14th I wont have to worry... I am just so worried I will be pregnant untill the 27th...

HELP!!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 4:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First, I want to say that you can ask but the OB might not do it especially if he thinks he is right about the due date. If you are right then you won't have to worry, you'll likely have your baby before the doctor's idea of the due date. Second, all the horror stories you'll get on here of induction are mostly just that - stories. Yes, something can go wrong with one (something can also go wrong just going to the store) but typically everything goes fine. The last time I checked the statistics more heartbreak ensued because the doctor decided to wait weeks after the due date. I shudder to think what would have happened to me and my babies had my doctor not induced. And as for induction making labor pain worse, it doesn't. You can have an epidural at most hospitals when you're dilated to 2. Just talk to your doctor and let him know what you are thinking.
    Anonymous

• you can ask, but your ob can refuse
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• well if your *real* due date really is the 4th, then your baby would be born by the 18th most likely so no worries.

i personally would not ask to be induced because it's not worth the risks. gl
    Anonymous

• You can't be afraid to speak with your OB about your concerns dear, but be sure to think about the risks of IF (by some chance) she is actually due later, since you are not positive about your due date. Anymore, inductions are taking place much later, and some doctors are set on 41 weeks unless it is a pre-scheduled induction, certain reason, etc. MY personal opinion, would be to give her til she is ready, imagine the heartbreak if there is some issue, etc. Trust your doctor, voice your concerns to him. And just know that when she is all done in there, she will gladly come out! :) Best of luck honey. *HUGS*
    mommamercer929

Answer by mommamercer929 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You can always ask, and your OB can always tell you no. My hospital won't allow induction before 39 weeks (of the date the Dr is using!) unless there is a medical reason (like your life is in danger). btw - if you are counting on the ultrasound date as a way to tell your due date, they can be notoriously wrong!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about it at this point... wait until it gets closer. Who know HE might be the one asking you about induction.
    Anonymous

• You can ask, but the dr can refuse. The last few weeks are always the hardest.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My OB's date is from the ultrasound... I know when my Last Period was... I was birth control! I have a tipped uterus and have to have internal ultra-sounds up to 12 weeks. With my son he wasnt even seen untill 11 weeks and 5 days.... But they heard his heart beat... Its so crazy... My Date of June 4th is what we got from my period... I was on Birth control and I know for a fact when it was.... I'm sorry this is so hard! I know she will be here when she is ready, but my son was 2 weeks late, and I had a VERY hard time pushing him out... His head got stuck, and I am worried she will be worse if we dont get her out...
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 4:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• if you had a rough labor last time, keep in mind that labor inducing drugs cause much more intense and painful contractions than naturally occuring labor, and have a higher rate of ending in csection
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My Labor was great :o) Very fast and I was tough, lol... It was the delivery that was AWFUL! I pushed for 2 hours :o( Not so fun, and he wasnt even that big-- 7.4 pounds....
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 4:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010