SPIN OFF- playboy

There is a question on here where a mom asked if you wold support your daughter if she chose to pose for playboy. Well, to all of the moms who said no because it's a "dirty" magazine, have you ever actually looked at the magazine?

HelloKitty86

Asked by HelloKitty86 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Dirty or not, it exploits women for their sexuality which is something private and not to be plastered all over an international magazine for money unless a lady has no self respect. It's not sending a good message to other females especially young girls. What else isn't dirty to you, porn?
    Anonymous

• Some of us grew up sneaking into an uncles/fathers bedroom closet to look at them. Is it any wonder we all have such a lousy self image? Seeing those gorgeous woman and then looking at our young developing bodies?? I'd say if my DD had the body to pose for playboy, which I'm proud to say she does....I'd probably buy up 2 dozen copies!! It also means that her body shape didn't take after me, she has a beautiful shape....I usually look like like a pear that got sat on! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• ok, first off, loose the attitude. and second of all, i do not believe that just because someone is naked, that they are sexual. unlike you, i find naked people beautiful.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would not be thrilled at all... this is something that would be with her for her whole life.  Who knows what she will be like at 40.  If she was 40 and had the body and wanted to do it... fine.. but not at 18.

I have seen the magazine and I think the women are beautiful and as far as porn goes it is about as tasteful as you can get.... but it still is porn.

I have to disagree that seeing a beautiful woman gives me a lousy self image... that is stupid. So if I see someone with better hair, I automatically hate mine? I see someone with a better job, I automatically hate mine? If someone is smarter than me, I automatically feel dumb. In no way does someone else's strength lower any strength of mine... that is something YOU may have felt... but that is not the norm.

Anonymous

• I've been a subscriber for years! But then I said I would be not only supportive but happy for her...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I didn't say NO, But Yes - I've seen it and hubby and I subscribed years back.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• No. and never want or need to.
    -tanya-

Answer by -tanya- at 6:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It's only demeaning if YOU make it demeaning. How is it degrading her if she CHOOSES to pose?
    I looked at it, for the articles. :)
    Anonymous

• Yes, I've seen the magazine, but it does not change my POV. She's educated and has a sharp mind-She has better options for earning a living than by selling photos of herself. She's a person, not merely a bare body-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I see no problem with it... They are classy. pay well andyou would have pics of yourself that would show how beautiful you are. I would pose for them in a heartbeat... Pretty much it's saying your one of the most beautiful girls in the world. I got asked to be in Barely Legal but they are gross to me... I don't know why so many ppl are scared of nudity and sex...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2010