Does your childcare provider have safety training?

Parents often ask me about the safety training that au pairs receive before they go to the host family's home to care for the kids. We have just launched a new site that details the rigorous training program that all Cultural Care au pairs particiapte in. http://www.aupairtrainingschool.com Is it important to you that your child care provider recieve child safety and child development training? How do you ensure that she has?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it is a state requirement in Michigan that all providers in a licensed facility have annual training hours
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You can ask the director of the daycare center/preschool to see your childs teacher's credentials. I work as a 2 year old preschool teacher and my state requires that I have 16 hours of annual training. 2 hours of safety, 2 hours of child abuse, and 2 hours of infectious diseases, plus 10 hours of my choice. However, my director requires that we have 30 hours of annual training. Any of my parents can ask me or the director to see my certificates. I have a copy of them in the office and in my room.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I am a child care provider and I have had training. We have to repeat First Aid every 3 years and repeat CPR every 2 years. I've had lots of other training, too--not safety, but things like being sensitive to special needs, etc.
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 8:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2010