I know I should'nt be mad, but...

O.K., so my daughter's school hosted St. Baldricks today and she had said that she was willing to donate her hair. She was told that 8 inches would be cut off. When I went to pick her up from school they had cut WAY more than 8 inches. More like 14. I don't want to make a fuss but at the same time I do. Why don't people do what they are told? My daughter regrets doing it and she is 12.UGH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• hugs.. it will grow.
    Anonymous

• She did a good thing. It will grow back!! Until then, she needs to understand that GOOD ppl make sacrifices for other ppl.
    Anonymous

• she did a great thing. it takes a lot of time to grow that much hair and lots of energy to take care of it. she should be proud of herself. it will grow back eventually. i would help her find a style she likes, then she may not dislike it so much.
    Anonymous

• she did it out of the kindness of her heart you should reward that ,instead of thinking of physical beauty think how your daughter is very kind, that hair is going to help many people and her hair will grow back. if it look really bad why not reward her by taking her to a stylist
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Tell her she did a great thing and to think about how she is helping someone else. Her hair will grow back. Take her for a day of pampering...get her a new hairstyle and a new outfit. She really did an amazing thing, I am proud of her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• It's hair. It grows back. Not a big deal.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I think that (provided that your assessment of the length difference is accurate) you are absolutely right to be annoyed. You didn't make a complaint you are simply annoyed that the people in charge of the event were not conscientious. I agree that when they say they will take 8 inches they should not take 9 or 10 or 14!!

Of course your daughter's hair will grow back and I trust that you've told her how cute it looks. If you think styling would help, then I agree that planning a mother daughter day at the salon would be a fun way to show her that nice things happen to nice people.

You can respond in the right way and reinforce the best part of the experience with your daughter and still be annoyed with the people running the event!
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 2:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• What good is "making a fuss" going to do now that it is already done. You obviously weren't there with her so you have no idea what went on or what she told them prior to them cutting her hair.
    You're going to make a fuss and what, tell other people not to participate in this important charitable event? It's hair. Who cares. Try telling her what a great job she did and that the more hair they cut off the more people they can help with it. She should be proud not vain. She would have been fine with it if you hadn't made such a big deal I bet.
    Anonymous