Colostrum at 28 weeks

So today I noticed a little tiny droplets of clear and yellowish liquid coming from my nipples. It was a very small amount but this being my first pregnancy I felt really strange to experience that. Is it normal to have colostrum at 28 weeks?

For you pregnant ladies who are further along, have you gotten colostrum yet? When did it happen??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i am on my second pregnancy and breastfedmy first and i began to get it around 19 weeks actually, but its probably due to me already have breastfedd before? but its normal.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Any and all amount of leakage during pregnancy is normal, from none at all to soaking through three shirts a day from the very beginning. With my first I leaked quite a bit starting probably about the beginning of the third trimester, so about where you are now. With my second, I didn't leak at all.

It also has nothing to do with how breastfeeding will go. My first wouldn't take a boob, but my second is a year old and still nursing quite frequently.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• With DD I got it at 18 weeks, with this baby I'm almost 14 weeks and had a tiny bit leak out yesterday! It was a little weird to get it so early, but my Dr. said that its normal. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 4:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• This is my first pregnancy, and I first noticed colostrum at about 18 weeks. My fiance thinks it's discusting and will no longer touch my breasts. I personally think he's just jealous that he can't nourish our daughter the way I'll be able too. ;-)
    shandram19

Answer by shandram19 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2010