your worst job ever

right now i am working at worst job ever. the company is great but my job is so bad. I work in telemarketing for right now until i get a better job but it takes so much out of me. and i feel gulity calling these people over and over again. this has to be my worst job ever what about you guys what was the worst job you ever worked at

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Waiting tables. It was a very informal restaurant, so the clientele weren't of the type to tip much (if any -- I think the fact that it was so informal led some people to think they didn't need to tip). Plus, the menu items were pretty cheap comparatively speaking, so that cut into tip amount, too. I only made an average of about $30-35 a night. Add to that that I'm not a very outgoing person and hated it and took it quite personally when customers blamed me for everything that wasn't my fault (I'm not the one cooking your food, just bringing it to you -- if you don't like it, I'll take care of it and get you a replacement, but it's not my fault it wasn't to your liking). It wasn't the job for me, at all. I have since vowed never to wait tables again. But if I absolutely had to, I'd definitely go somewhere nicer where tips are commonplace and a $5 tip per table is the least I'm likely to expect on average.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I manufactured battery packs. The job was SOOO repititous and dull, but to make up for that, there was workplace drama abound. My line leader was a total bitch and talked crap about my husband in front of me all the time (he was her boss). By the end, the manager's wife was threatening my husband with a mudding spatula (we were re-doing the walls and painting everything because there was no work) and my line leader had given me a HORRIBLE review that I didn't deserve trying to get me laid off.

No job I ever had, including working at Wendy's or a bank, handling hundreds of thousands of other people's dollars every day, nor being a mother, has ever driven to to want to drink like that job did lol. It was the easiest job in the world and those people somehow managed to make it the most stressful job I ever had.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Worked at a mail order place called Miles Kimball. My job was to take the x-mas cards that were done,look up on the shelf where these metal trays were kept with the order blank,circle that the cards were done,check if there were multiple cards in the order,and either take it down to be boxed,or leave that card box on the tray to wait for the rest of the order. All day it was up,down,circle,walk it to the conveyor belt.I went mad doing this for 8 hrs a day! I BEGGED to be moved to another area and was thank God!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Gas station/convenience store.

Bosses were never around and bitchy when they were there and you could never satisfy them with anything done. Just was never good enough.

Really dislike that kind of management.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I was the mid-wife at my dad's hog house. I delivered about 144 pigs a month. I gave about 500 shots, clipped 575 teeth and clipped 144 tails. I cleaned up after 24 sows and took out 24 - 5 gallon buckets of after birth every month. I enjoyed working with the animals, but it some of the jobs just aren't pleasant.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I worked part time at a bakery when I was in high school. The place was great but the woman who owned it was a TOTAL psycho bitch and would belittle me in front of customers for stupid shit. I used to dread my shifts there if she was working. You know you hate your job when the night before you have to work you pray to be in a car accident or something like that so you won't have to go in the next day. I literally felt like that sometimes....I wish I was the person I am now back then so I could kick the shit out of her!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2010