Want to reconnect, ideas please?

My husband and I don't have any money for date nights, and I feel like we've been drifting apart a little bit, what with him working odd hours, me teaching childbirth classes, being pregnant and both of us caring for our 2 year old. He gets home late tonight, so I don't want anything too extravagant, but I was thinking, like, a candle-lit dessert... only I have no idea how to go about making it romantic and not awkward lol. Whenever we have dates or go out to eat or just sit at home together there is always something else involved... seeing a movie, reading together, him on the computer, me playing with our daughter... I would like to make it ROMANTIC, but he doesn't understand the meaning of the word lol.

So, suggestions, please, on how to make it about us reconnecting (sex is probably not an option, though I am always open to those suggestions as well lol). Oh, and what should I make for dessert?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• ALONE TIME
    Whenever you can get it. Use it to talk, to snuggle.....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALONE TIME.
    Anonymous

• Romance is practically a 4 letter word in our house. But, when I start to feel like things are breaking away, I make sure to start touching him more...just running my hand through his hair while we sit on the couch...holding his hand while sitting there...simple basic touching means a lot. As for what to do? My husband loves cheesecake! I get those easy Jell-O ones. As soon as I feel we just need a moment, I make it and cut slices, wrap it up and wait for a moment to come. Maybe when he's in the shower cleaning up you could get the slices and meet him in the kitchen for a quick dessert. If you have cell phones, text him once in awhile that you are thinking about him. My husband often comes home much later, after we've all gone to bed. Sometimes I get up and sit with him while he gets a drink and gets his stuff ready for the next day. It's really all about the little things that keep you together! Good luck
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 6:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• read this book, how to make your marriage better with out talking about it, form barnesandnobel or amazon, someone on here suggested it to me and it is great.. also i agree with mybratsmom
    Anonymous