at 10 months what do you feed your baby?

Here is what I am currently feeding her: am bottle, oatmeal with splash of fruit, bottle, rest of fruit, bottle, veggie, bottle.

I tried to give her level 3 foods by gerber today with the little food chunks and she threw up three times. I resorted back to level twos. Should I be giving her level threes? She has 4 teeth in the front only...how will she chew the little chunks?

Do you give cheerios? cookies? juice? sippy cups? gerber puffs??? I don't at this point and don't know when to start. PLEASE give advice!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't buy those stage 3 foods. It is confusing for them to have half much and half chunks! My 10 month old eats everything. Whatever I am eating I put little pieces of on her tray. You don't have to buy special baby foods like "puffs". Cherrios are fine. Look at your pale and think about what she can have off of it, just break off pea sized pieces. Chicken breast, steamed veggies, banana, pasta, beans, peas, ground beef, cheese etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Look at your plate, not your "pale" :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• baby in slingim sorry... i think i gave him just baby food and milk i wasnt feeding him cookies or cheetos

BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My dd will be 10 months tomorrow and she's already eating pretty much the same things we are (as long as they are soft and gum-able). She loves the fruit puffs and yogurt melts. She doesn't get cheerios or any hard cereals like that because she can't really chew them yet (she's also got 4 front teeth). She does awesome on a sippy, which we just recently introduced about a month ago. She has been pretty advanced with eating though. I believe she was about 4 months when we introduced baby food, which our dr advised because she was always so hungry. Just listen to your baby and take small steps. She'll tell you whether she's ready or not (like she's not ready for 3rd yet but may be ready for the puffs and meltaways).
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• By 8 months my kids were eating small pieces of whatever we were havIng. They use their gums to mash small pieces of food.

Answer by missanc at 5:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My first was still taking mostly just formula, plus maybe 2-3 jars of stage 2 food a day, if that. My second was nursing every 3-4 hours at least and eating any table foods I'd let her have.

If your baby's not ready for table foods, there's no need to push it. My first wouldn't touch table foods until he was about 14 months old. There's nothing wrong with that. Just keep offering, and your baby will eat them when she's ready. There's no set age limit on baby food. As for the chewing question, teeth have nothing to do with it. If you can mash it between your fingers, babies can mash it between their gums (or in the case of Cheerios and Puffs, they dissolve in baby's mouth), just make sure it's in baby-bite-sized pieces.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• DD eats whatever we eat. She has 3 teeth. At this point, teeth aren't for chewing anyway. We chew with our molars, not incisors. The stage 3 food is gross! I wouldn't eat it either! Lol! Harper eats little chunks of chicken and pork, any kind of ground meat, steamed veggies, chunks of soft fruit, yogurt, dry cereal (Cheerios, Chex, Oatmeal Squares) and crackers (Ritz, animal crackers, saltines). She gets a sippy of water or diluted juice and she nurses 6-8 times a day.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 5:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My youngest will be 10 months at the end of the month. He basically eats whatever we eat...I just mash or cut it really small. His favorites are meatballs and mashed potatos though! He has his two bottom teeth and his two top ones are just coming in now. I also give him alot of yogurt.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• A lot of babies don't eat Stage 3 foods.My son was on table food at that age, with 2 teeth.

A normal schedule for us was: nurse; banana, yogurt, and cheerios for breakfast (small amounts of each); nurse; a fruit, veggie, and perhaps a rice cracker of piece of toast for lunch; nurse; a meat, a veggie, and either a fruit or starch (pasta, etc) for supper; nurse. At meals he drank ice water.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 6:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• at 10 months my son had his bottles still obivously - he had rice cereal and a fruit for breakfast, a stage 2 meat/veggies for lunch, and rice and cereal for dinner, i also gave him the gerber puffs and occasionally i would give him little chopped up peices of speggati. at almost 11 months we started the stage 3, and yogurt melts.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2010