how much food

my dd is almost 5 months old and we just stated giving her food but i dont know how much food i should give her she is drinking a 6-8 ounce bottle every3-4 hours

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go to gerber.com and print out a menu. they're based on milestones, so if shes sitting up then choose sitter but if she isnt choose supported sitter. it has all gerber brand bby foods and formula on there so modify it to what you have. thats how i figured out how much to feed my LO then before i got the hang of it myself and it really helped out.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 5:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You don't have to start foods at all until 6 mo and can feed fork mashed food. Just start with a couple of teaspon of mashed banana and let the baby feed herself. If she can't do that then it's not time for solids. Baby food is expensive, bad for the environment, usually tastes bad, and impossible for the baby to self feed.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• When my son started on foods, around 5 months, I fed him solids at each mealtime. He may have only eaten a few bites at a time, I just gave him the option to have "real food" at mealtimes like the rest of the family.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 7:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2010