What is your solution?

I'm no economist, mathmetician, political science major or the likes, I know very little, so what do you know that this gov't doesn't? What I want to know is, if the president decided he would sit down with YOU and go along with your ideas in terms of the economy, health care, taxes, etc. What would you say needs to be done? How will it get done? I can understand not agreeing with government decisions , but I never hear ANY solutions, ANY alternatives other than write your representative. I want feedback, walk me thru your thinking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would suggest that the Obama team take all of that time and energy they use fighting for the current Obama health plan and refocus it on doing a major overhaul on the existing insurance 'big business'. They could create laws mandating insurance co's to accept pre-existing conditions, put caps on premiums, set up additional tax breaks for folks with life threatening issues, and maybe set up some sort of sliding scale for low income folks. Why try to bankrupt companies and force Americans to go on Govt. Assistance? Aren't we supposed to remain as independent as possible from aid? Anyway, that is what I would ask him. I'd love to hear what he has to say.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would just like to see the government turn off some lights in the government buildings. Then change out all the bulbs to the new incandescent bulbs

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• First I would like him to show me the numbers. As former accountant I would love to see my budget first. Wait! There's no budget only debt. LOL
    Anonymous

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• You realize that everyone has an opinion, and you're likely to hear solutions that are 180 degrees from one another. The problem is everyone approaches the problem from their own POV, and the solutions will reflect what THAT individual person believes is best for her family-

You'll likely hear the buzz works: Constitution, freedom, state's rights, less (Federal) government, personal responsibility, lower taxes, more small business incentives.......

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• OH Kenzie- the naysayers think it's perfectly fine for the Insurers to have all the say and to make that slim profit that they make (billions). I bet if their life depended on expensive treatments, they'd be B and Ming up a storm if some suit in the corner office denied THEIR care. Yep- we needed Insurance reform-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Sisteract, I'm not sure that I agree. I don't think the naysayers are against reform, I think that there is a large % of Americans against the current bill. Its outrageous IMO. I'll flat out tell anyone that I'm against the current plan, but I'm not against reform.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Well, thank you to those of you for providing some legitimate answers.
    Anonymous

• Go back to Reagan-nomics. Pres. Reagan understood the national economy and the extreme damage Carter had done to our country. I was married in 1979, the end of Carter's regime, and was in my 20's during the Reagan years. He successfully turned our country around. The only thing we can do is just hold on until the amplified version of "Carter" is done. Then, hopefully, an amplified version of Reagan can be found to save us yet again.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• "the naysayers think it's perfectly fine for the Insurers to have all the say and to make that slim profit that they make (billions)"

Unfortunately, the Obama administration's health care reform hasn't and won't change this. It will actually allow the insurance companies MORE control of the medical industry, since everyone will have to buy a insurance. They will still make billions of dollars in profit.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2010