Why do people assume that because I am 25 with 3 kids, a democrat and a SAHM, I am on PA?

I'm not. My husband provides for our family. I support these programs for those who need them, but I find it insulting that people would assume that I am on PA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 25, 3 kids SAHM, I'd vote conservative-who tend more often than not to be Repub. Probably live in the middle of the country, not a big Metro area-old school values based on age and life style. The PA bit, I do not get-although, any place I've ever lived, a 25 year old with 3 kids would never be able to afford, unless they had a trust fund or were living with M/D.

Don't worry about what everyone else thinks-If it works for you, don't sweat the small stuff:)

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Because our nation doesn't believe in family. You're better off if you are single, smoker, promiscuous, have wall street stocks, donate to charity, go to Las Vegas and die old and alone so the government will own your property since you have no heirs.
    Anonymous

• 07- WTH- need coffee, a cocktail or a happy pill?
    You didn't even answer the?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I'm 25, married with 3 kids and #4 on the way. I'm Republican and on PA...lol
    the only reason why we're on PA though is because my husband lost his job....but before he lost his job, we were surviving just fine on what he made!
    Anonymous

• Anon :32- I have to say it because I'm sure you hear it constantly- You have your hands full :) Good luck- I hope your husband finds another job soon.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would have to ask how we assume anything about you since you are anon?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I don't know you. But I have been in that position, 3 kids, SAHM, and a dh with a good job. Then it was 4 kids, SAHM, dh with ok job. Now, it is completely different. Life changes. Roll with the punches, or fall down.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• forgot to add that we weren't on PA, either. We get medical for the kids now.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would not make any kind of assumption about you based on those stats. Some people just spend way too much time judging others and not enough time worrying about themselves.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Funny how every young family I know that is on PA, are also Republicans.
    I am a 22 year old SAHM and also a Democrat. I dont bitch about paying taxes and I DONT use PA in any form. I believe in working hard for what you get but I also believe in reaching out a hand to any one who needs it. That would annoy the crap out of me.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2010