Or What Would You Call It?

So Ive been really Stressed Lately & Need some Help! So Im a Very Nice Person Sweet & Caring I usually just go with the Flow Well It Seem I have NO Friends Left That Want Anything to Do With Me Unless I can get Waisted or Messed up or Party with them Well I havent Done That For over 3 Years Now Its been a good 3 years + Since Ive been out To do much Of Anything, I have Lots of people I know & that I talk to when I see them But NO ONE to Talk to or Hang out with besides my Younger Brother, My Son & My Fiance I dont know if I picked the wrong Friends or if I picked the wrong Guy or If its Me But I NEED a Break It seems as tho Im being punished for being a good mom all my old Friends Party constantly & I cant do that I dont want to but since I dont go out a whole Lot I dont know where to look for any friends or even how too make new friends PLEASE HELP me! & Please No Bashing thanks ladies :}

doms_mommy

Asked by doms_mommy at 6:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• church, mom groups, through a job...
    Anonymous

• volunteering, the park, neighbors
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• first of all that part of your life is over, the "gettin wasted and coming home drunk" would you really like to come home to your son in that condition? You are doing the right thing by not doing that, obviously you grew up and your friends still stayed the same. You have a new life, a different life, embrace that. Like the moms before me said, you need to find friends who are also moms and who will understand your changed lifestyle. Don't be discouraged, maybe you can find another couple that you can double date with sometimes, you just have to understand that you have changed and there is nothing wrong with that. God Bless.
    EricandAndreMom

Answer by EricandAndreMom at 6:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• welcome to motherhood! i know how you feel. it's hard to make new friends as an adult, especially if you're a SAHM. just do more of what you love doing, and you'll meet people who have common interests. like to read? join a book club. like to work out? join a group like Curves. take a cooking class, join the P.T.A. . . . whatever you're in to.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE MOMS TOO BUT THEY NEVER SEEM TO HAVE THERE KID{s} MY USE TO BE BEST FRIEND HAS CHANGED SO MUCH SHES NOT THE PERSON I WANT TO BE AROUND ANY MORE & I USE TO SPEND ALL MY TIME WITH HER I DIDNT HAVE TIME FOR OTHER PEOPLE NOW I HAVE NO ONE ELSE, I KNOW IM DOING RIGHT BUT I FEEL LIKE IM BEING PUNNISHED FOR BEING A GOOD MOM I LOVE TO BE WITH MY SON & NO I DONT LIKE THE FEELING OF BEING DRUNK NOR DO I WANT THAT AROUND MY SON & THATS Y I DONT DO IT JUST WISHED SOMEONE WOULD BE PROUD OF ME I GUESS {bursting out in tears} b/c I shouldnt want that :{ OR MAYBE WISH MY LIFE WAS BETTER OR ENJOYED IT MORE IDK
    doms_mommy

Answer by doms_mommy at 7:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Its called growing up. Seems like your friends havent gotten to that point. Go without them and find some new ones who are grown ups.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I understand your loneliness. I recently moved from KY to CA and I haven't been able to meet ANYBODY...its so frustrating. I have been trying really hard to meet people but they all have different values and are strongly opinionated (BF till age 5, cloth diapers, not feeding their kids ANYTHING processed) I don't care if those are your values, but I didn't breastfeed and I don't need to be around people who make me feel like a bad mommy because I give my baby gerber graduates dinners once in a while. Anyway, its hard but I've met a group of nice people through meetup.com and I am hoping that I will be able to make at least one new friend! I should start really working in the next few weeks so maybe I can meet someone there. I know its hard, but chin up, you're doing the right thing by acting like an adult...plus, if you just don't have the same values anymore they aren't worth your time. Good Luck!
    millijess

Answer by millijess at 12:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• It's the same with me. Out of all my highschool and college friends I am the only one who is married and had kids. I don't party anymore and they don't really like hangingo ut with me b/c 2 toddlers running around can be a "bummer" (words from a former freind). but look atr what you have gained! You have a beautiful child and a real life that is not centered around booze and or drugs. I felt really lonely until I went to a get together recently with some old highschool friends and I could not get a word in. They were talking about all the raggers and concerts they went to. They all complined about there boyfriends and when I tried to put my two cents in one of them said "well you went and married him and started breeding!....LOL". I pretended to have an emergency phone call and left! Maybe you could post soemthing about a playdate in the paper on on CM! Grown ups that know how you feel are so much easier to be around!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2010