a question about boys

I am babysitting a 3yr old boy, he does not like using the potty for anyone, well i just asked him to try and go, he tried but got a semi hard on, is this normal? i have a girl so know almost nothing about how to potty train a boy. i dont mean to sound nasty but am worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• normal it happens when the are babies too
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• it's completely fine. absolutely normal

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• ok, good, not having a boy it worried me, thanks
    Anonymous

• thats so funny i felt just like you when i was changing my son diaper and his was semi hard i asked my mil if it was normal she said it was but it still freaks me out because it looks like he aiming to pee on me which has happened to me alot
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• okay,,, I used to play a game, put cheerios in the toilet,,, and tried DS to aim at them,, I think the "hard on" TMI is pretty normal, when they are ready to pee, what does the momma say about it??
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Lol my mom used to do daycare and had 3 girls of her own. The first time one of the little boys did that she called my dad at work to ask wtf?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yeah it's normal. My son used to get "morning wood" all the time, and it really freaked me out. He still gets "hard ons" sometimes when he goes potty. He actually got one tonight while he was going poopy and called my husband into the bathroom because his wee wee was getting bigger. I think it scared him a little.
    Anonymous

• Yep, definitely normal.
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 8:34 AM on Apr. 24, 2010