How crafty are mosquitos?

I just set up our kiddie pool today and its quite a bit larger than the one we used last year. I'd hate to dump it and refill it everyday. Is it possible to put a tarp over it to prevent mosquito breeding? Would they be resourceful enough to find a way under it?

kenzie07

Asked by kenzie07 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Health

• I am not sure about the mosquitos but there is more than just that to worry about when you leave the same water in a mini pool. Bacteria breeds in water, especially when it is warm. I would dump it and refill it every day.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Thanks janellemarie. I guess I was so worried about the mosquitos that I didn't consider the obvious! You're so right about the bacteria!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I don't think the term crafty applies but I get what you mean lol. They are driven by instinct and urge. They're not very smart considering how many get taken out by those zapper things every year :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2010