Do you think it's rude for people to show up at your house when they know you are eating? Or do you care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it's rude. I don't have to answer the door.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I think its rude for people to show up at my house unannounced regardless of whether we are eating or not.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yes it's rude if they know. But sometimes it happens. Sometimes I dont mind so much but after a bad day. I want to eat in peace.
    Anonymous

• This is a cultural thing, and culture varies across the U.S. Where I come from it isn't rude, and you offer them food and drink.
    Anonymous

• Depends on who they are and if they really knew we were eating but usually not and usually I would just offer them food.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Usually people call us before they come over. I;m not sure if I'd think it was rude unless they knew exactly what time we were eating dinner and they showed up then, uninvited.
    But for the most part, they call first...and by doing that, they know I'll make lots extra so they can eat over too! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Coming without calling first is rude to me period. Who knows what I could be in the middle of - cooking, eating, cleaning, getting ready to head out for the day/night - who knows!
    Anonymous