Steriods to help baby, did you get them?

I had the steriod injection in my butt cheeks to help my baby i guess because iv been having preterm contractions and tje doctor said it was a good idea. So im wondering who has had it and was your baby ok? Do you belive it actually helps? And how long after you got the shots did you have your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was an L&D nurse, then worked on the antepartum high risk unit. I TOTALLY believe that it helps. Good luck to you!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I had it and my baby was fine. The thing is if they can get the contractions to stop they will. it helps to develop their lungs should they need to be delivered early. However my baby went to term and two days over before I actually had her. So IDK if it helps, but I hope they wouldn't go around injecting that stuff unnecessarily or without evidence that it helps.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• my water broke at 34 weeks so they gave me the steroid shots for his lungs. i had him 2 days later. my baby is fine, and yes, i do think they helped.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I had them when I was 33 weeks with my twins. I was already 8 cm dilated by the time I got to the hospital and they gave them to me to help the babies. I had the girls a few hours later. I don't know if they helped or not. They both were in the NICU for three weeks and needed help breathing. They are fine now, but they are 4 years old! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Can't hurt. Hang in there momma.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yep, I got the shot at 29 weeks when I went into labor. I had him at 34 weeks and he was totally fine, no breathing problems at all. I think it helped!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Just with my first. I started having them fist week of may and my daughter was born June 2nd.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 9:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• i got the shot with my son i had him 3 days later it does help with the lungs not 100% but it does help.. but everything else is not deve.... my sons throat wasnt full deve or his tummy he really couldnt eat alot for a couple of months but it does get better...
    Anonymous