Lactation Question. TMI

I am 24 weeks pregnant with my second child. Today after a shower I noticed only my right breast has all of those blue veins running through it. With my daughter I had them majorly on both sides all throughout my pregnancy, but this is just different. There are none on my left side, but from my right shoulder all the way to my nipple has blue veins. Has anyone ever experienced this? Does it mean I won't be able to breastfeed? I had trouble with my first child but nothing like this happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It just means your breasts are preparing the best that they can to BF and to prepare the milk. Your gear is up and kicking girly! lol It's nothing abnormal, just everything getting ready to function! GL!
    Anonymous

• Sounds normal to me! How your breasts look and/or feel while you are pregnant has nothing to do with your ability to breastfeed. Some moms notice big changes, leaking milk etc., some notice nothing. It doesn't matter, they will work just fine!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2010