16 month old dry all night and asking to sit on the potty

My 16 month-old wants to use the potty. Plain and simple. She sees the rest of us doing it (her brother is close in age and potty trained), she has known what it feels like to need to poop for a long time, she takes off her diaper, she tries to get on the potty, flush the toilet. And then she started waking up dry in the morning. At first I was worried she was dehydrated and then I realized it was just bladder control (our potty trained son who's 3 is not able to stay dry through the night yet). Well, lately we've been sitting her on the potty after meals and such and now it's like she hardly ever has a wet enough diaper for a change. It's been weeks since she pooped in a diaper. Should we take this to the next level? I don't do pull-ups, so if we're doing this, we're doing it. Is 16 months absurdly early, though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's really early, but I would say GO WITH THE FLOW! lol FOR SURE! lol :)
    Anonymous

• If she's ready, it doesn't matter how old she is. Just go with it and count your blessings. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• wow, lucky you! PUT THAT GIRL IN REAL PANTIES!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• that's great ... go with it if she wants to do it. i
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Run with it mama! If she is willing and interested RUN WITH IT! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• wow, i hope it sticks! i thought my daughter was going to be potty trained at 18 months old, but now at 28 months...it is hard work. somedays she goes to potty , other days she won't at all.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2010